Lip is a fully volunteer effort, and we run on a very small budget with high production values. So unfortunately we are unable to offer payment for publication, but we will send you a complimentary copy of the printed issue in which your work appears. Please accompany your submissions with a brief bio.
Want to submit to the Lip website? Well, you’re in luck! We’re always looking for new contributors!
At Lip, we try to have as much varied content available each day as possible – so the sky is the limit when it comes to topics you could cover. Remember that we’re a feminist mag, and we like to hear our writers’ opinions and voice come through in their work.
Don’t even consider submitting unless you’ve read our website or print mag and have an idea of the style we go for.
If you’re not sure about an article idea, run it past us first!
All submissions should be sent to either the relevant sub-editor (check our Contact page) or else to our Managing Editor Jo Mandarano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s our full style guide — please adhere to it when writing your article/s:
We are not currently taking submissions for any print editions of Lip.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
Current Areas of Interest
- Health: articles pertaining to physical, mental and spiritual health of young women
- Life: specific articles discussing an issue of living and life
- Politics: political and social issues, perspectives, and feminist voices
- Environment: green living, environmental concerns
- Money: interesting articles on the economy, finance, budgeting, etc (but must be relevant to young women)
- Careers: issues and choices
- Art: articles on visual, written and performance art
- Craft: DIY, hobbies
- Culture: cultural perspectives, issues and history
- Travel: interesting articles on international travel
- Personalities: contemporary and historical women who’ve made a difference
- Book, music and film reviews
Lip is now seeking MEMOIR submissions for our site!
lip is dedicated to providing images of young women alternative to those already flooding the market. Photos and illustrations submitted to lip should reflect the diversity of real girls, in all shapes and sizes, so that all of our readers can see themselves reflected in the pages of lip. Please do not send us artwork of sexualised posing women. (For example, we like the female form – with all its curves and imperfections – but we don’t like g-strings, bikinis or push-up bras).
To submit your work to lip, please send low-res .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon acceptance, you will need to send print-quality files. Guidelines are as follows:
Images to be printed in lip magazine should be submitted in:
- tiff, eps or high quality jpg format
- at 300 dpi resolution at full size (the full page size of lip magazine is 200 x 250mm plus 5mm bleed)
These files can be huge. You can burn them to cd and post to us at:
PO Box 4106
or email your files to email@example.com (files under 10mb only).
If you are not able to send acceptable scans, please send hard copies of your work to the above address and we will scan and then send your art back to you.