At Lip, we aim to encourage debate, discussion and discourse about feminism, gender equality, culture, politics and life more generally. We publish all comments, as long as they adhere to the following guidelines.
Comments that are insulting, demeaning, or personally attack the writer will be deleted, as will comments that are off topic and irrelevant.
- Be sincere in your contributions. Post with purpose – to inspire, share with and offer insight to fellow Lipsters.
- Respect that other people have different points of view, backgrounds and experiences. Don’t take things personally.
- Keep it legal. Don’t get yourself into trouble by defaming others, posting porn or posting other people’s private information.
- Use Common Sense and balance when posting your comments.
- Create content of a discriminatory or derogatory nature. Debate is wonderful, and you can do it without being offensive, humiliating or intimidating based on: race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, politics, age and disability.
- Post personal details or private information about any other person.
- Advertise or spam, or use the forum to promote a business, product or website, commercial or otherwise. We don’t mind if you include links to your blogs or websites in your messages, provided it’s relevant and contextual information, but commercial solicitation, straight-up advertising, or contributions designed to promote traffic to another site aren’t acceptable. Adding value to conversations is the best way to build an audience for your expertise.
- Be – or – assist a Troll. Trolls post messages or content deliberately designed to get the blood boiling. Replying to or arguing with a Troll is not going to help the situation. Just ignore them!
- Don’t hide. We respect the right of commenters to be anonymous, which may lead some people to say things they wouldn’t face to face. Don’t be one of those people.